As a member of the Business Integrations team, the Business Systems Analyst will help support the Credit Union's core banking systems and applications. This position performs business and systems analysis and serves as a liaison between one or more business units and IT. This role will lead all aspects of requirements analysis, traceability and testing for enhancements and projects of small and medium complexity while supporting those functions for larger initiatives. This position will also perform day-to-day operational support.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Identify stakeholders across business units, the Technology Department and external vendors and facilitate discussions/workshops with the purpose of eliciting and understanding information at the right level of detail and scope to represent all stakeholder's needs, requirements and priorities.
- Apply project and change management methodology to manage and coordinate activities across business and technology teams, while accurately identifying, documenting, and mitigating project and change risk items.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and processes to effectively coordinate and roll out system changes and releases for testing, obtain required business and technical approvals as scheduled.
- Develop and maintain schedules/calendars, change timelines, meeting agendas, meeting minutes and communicate all required information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business functionality to stakeholders
- Communicate requirements and issues effectively to the technical team to solve issues in a timely manner
- Explore and experiment with different approaches to improve business and technical processes that best leverage technology, increase productivity and business automation.
- Monitor industry trends and maintain an understanding of relevant industry standards, best practices, business processes and technology used within related business areas to ensure compliance with policy, vendor contractual requirements, procedures, and that the technology utilized is meeting credit union's needs in the most efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Update and maintain technical core banking process and support documentation, provide system support, troubleshoot issues, identify solutions and assist in defining the business processes and work flows for core banking systems.
- Provides active support for production systems with accurate problem analysis, alignment with strategic initiatives, and background summary of incidents that require technical resolution to the appropriate team.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years related experience acting as a liaison between IT and business units.
- Must possess excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth knowledge of business analysis, reporting of business data, problem identification, resolution, and root cause analysis within business systems/applications.
- Sound practice in documenting requirements, business use cases, process flow diagrams and designing for best use for the business.
- Must have outstanding attention to detail and ability to learn complex processes that affect various functions and business units within the credit union.
- Ability to function in a consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Minimal travel required and must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- BA/BS Business, Information Systems Management, Information Technology or related field degree with an emphasis on technical systems and business management or analysis.
- Experience in a finance industry or other financial institution.
- Experience creating and executing SQL scripts in a live environment.
- Experience with administration of Fiserv DNA or comparable core banking system.
- Demonstrated facilitation, presentation skills, and strong technical acumen.
- Adept at conducting research to understand system functionality and translate into business requirements.
- Ability to analyze and generate business requirements by conceptualizing processes and accurately represent systems and platform capabilities to business stakeholders.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
323 West Jones Street, Suite 600
Raleigh, NC 27603
Please see job description