Pasadena, Texas - StyreneUnited States (US)
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
WE HAVE GREAT CHEMISTRY!
We believe diversity is perceiving difference; inclusion is valuing it. Without inclusion, we cannot unlock the value that diversity has to offer. Everyone has a seat at our company table. Our employees bring their unique selves to work daily, have a sense of belonging, and contribute to our core values. We have an inclusive approach, which is open and transparent. We respect and value diversity and believe in equality of opportunity. We do this by valuing and respecting cultural differences and welcomingdiversityof thought and perspectives from all our employees.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily operation of the Bayport EBSM (Ehtyl-Benzene Styrene Monomer) and Utilities facility to ensure the plant runs safely, efficiently and in an environmentally friendly manner adhering to all compliance mandates/standards set by regulatory agencies and Company policy. The position has responsibility for adhering to Safety, Environmental & Quality-related company and agency requirements, driving personal and process safety performance across Operations, building and executing a department budget, delivering Operational discipline and rigor, maintaining acceptable performance standards of direct and indirect reports, and partnering with other functional groups to drive an enterprise mindset in the accomplishment of regional goals. This role has 7 direct reports, including Process Engineers and an Operations Superintendent,and 40+ indirect reports. The role reports to the Bayport EBSM Site Director.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Visibly demonstrate, lead, support, and promote Life Saving Rules and the 20 management principles for Behavorial and Process Safety.
- Holdfull responsibility for all human and technical aspects of the asset and its integrity. First priority is the health and safety of all its employees, of the contractors, the third parties, the community, and the environment, that could be impacted by the asset activities.
- Optimize the units based on unit modeling.
- Interface with Technology group regarding current and future operational needs.
- Manage Process Automation and support further development.
- Ensure proper investigation and response to all quality issues.
- Consulton Production Planning and Maintenance PM's / turnarounds for Operations.
- Ensure execution of sustaining activities and improvement projects / opportunities.
- Improvevariable costs thru raw material yield management & improvement and energy utilization & improvement.
- Deliver a competitive cost position through effective cost control.
- Leverage technology improvements across polymer units to maximize efficiency and reduce operating costs.
- Support the INEOS SM long range business plan.
- Supply intermediate and finished good products as scheduled at the lowest possible cost.
- Adhere to World Class Reliability standards.
- Ensure compliance with Mechanical Integrity inspections and develop an action plan to address gaps.
- Responsible for quality of products produced to ensure customer needs are met.
- Oversee the Superintendentand/or direct report Line Supervisors who are responsible for the day to day operation of the Operations assets.
- Oversee the asset engineers who are responsible for maintaining the asset, the asset's operating envelopes, and the asset's protective systems integrity.
- Develop and communicate clear goals and standards and ensure professional and career development for team members.
- Lead and promote the management systems and environment that delivers Operational discipline and rigor consistently.
- Lead Employee Engagement efforts to build trust and foster a respectful work environment
- Accountable for the development of and maintenance of effectively trained and motivated workers.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
Level of education & Knowledge
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred with a minimum of 10 years of operational leadership experience.
- Supervisory experience of salary and hourly employees preferred
- Knowledge of quality and environmental systems.
- Knowledge of safety and environmental requirements.
- Stong chemical manufacturing experience and process knowledge of styrene monomer preferred
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of Process Safety Management requirements.
- Conversion cost and capital budgeting.
- Strong business acumen.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
Leadership and Behavioral Skills
- Capable of showingvision, developing strategic direction and strong ability to lead change in the organization.
- Demonstrated strong focus on situational leadership,including coaching and mentoring others in the development of personal and team plans that align with the business direction, and effectively manageperformance.
- Excellentinterpersonal skills, the ability to work with diverse groups in sometimes tense situations to gain consensus and a clear path forward.Ability to address issues through conflict management when necessary.
- Solution oriented and performance-driven.
- Proven commitment and delivery of SHE compliance. Safety and environmental leadership/benchmark.
- Ability to positively influence and motivate others, manage multiple priorities, and organize and utilize available resource efficiently.
This opportunity is located in Pasadena, TX,in the greater Houston metropolitan area, about 30 miles east of downtown.Please note that relocation is not available for this position.
[Not translated in selected language]
WHAT WE OFFER
A safe and drug-free work environment
Career development, job progression, and tuition reimbursement
Flexible work environment,paid vacation, and sick time
- A comprehensive health benefits package with low premiums to support employee wellbeing
- Retirement savings with company match plus contributions
- Above-market compensation includingperformance-related pay and bonuses
- Fitness reimbursement to encourage employees to stay healthy and active
No. 1 global leader in styrenics: Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard, and Styrenic Specialties
3,600 employees worldwide
20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
Customers in 106 countries
6 billion EUR in 2021
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team