Job posting has expiredBack to search results
PT Deli Associate - 6307
| The GIANT Company|
|November 21, 2023|
Address: USA-MD-Eldersburg-1320 Londontown Boulevard
Store Code: GC - Store Mgrs (2600429)
At The GIANT Company we're committed to making our store?s and facilities better every day for our team members, customers, and communities. It's our secret recipe for success and it guides everything we do. We put our customers first, do what's right, win together, and make ideas happen. As a team member here, that's exactly what you'll help us do. You'll share your ideas, learn new skills?, and really make a difference for not only your team, but for your customers and your community.
At The GIANT Company, we are passionate about building strong families and healthy communities, serving millions of neighbors across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and New Jersey. We are committed to being an inclusive place to work and shop. Our shared values of care, courage, integrity, teamwork, and humor guide our work as we embrace the unique talents and differences of every team member. We also take pride in connecting families for a better future. If you are ready for a purposeful career, join our GIANT family. You will help us make a difference while making some great connections and friendships along the way.
The primary purpose of this job is to handle and possess knowledge of all deli products. Team members receive, process, prepare, wrap, slice, weigh, mark, package product, and stock shelves, cases, and bins, while maintaining neat attractive conditions and properly signed displays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Primary accountability for specific functions and results)
* Provide quality customer service is an essential component of every position within GIANT/MARTIN'S stores. Each position helps its own group of customers, which may consist of consumers, co-workers, vendors, and business associates.
* Receive, processes, prepares, wraps, slices, weighs, marks, and packages products.
* Maintain proper shelf, case, and display conditions, to include stocking, cleaning, straightening, and rotating product, which typically weighs less than 30 lbs.
* Maintain proper cooler conditions to include coding, rotating, organizing cases of product (frequently weighing more than 20 lbs. and occasionally weighing up to 50 lbs.), and cleaning.
* Maintain proper prep area conditions, to include cleaning and sanitizing work surfaces, utensils, and equipment.
* Adhere to all federal, state, and local regulations, as they apply to the deli area.
* Maintain safe and clean sales floor conditions, to include sweeping and mopping.
* Provide exceptionally friendly and courteous customer service. Must be able to answer questions, make recommendations, and promote products through suggestive selling.
* Must dress according to company policy and maintain a neat, clean appearance at all times.
* Must complete ELM training courses as they are added to the learning page.
* Report all accidents and file incident report to the supervisor within 24 hours.
* Get a First Aid kit immediately for all injuries.
* Follow instructions. Whenever in doubt, ask questions.
* Report unsafe conditions to the supervisor.
* Apparel and footwear must follow the company policy.
* Horseplay is forbidden.
* No running on the premises.
* Know emergency evacuation routes, exits, and alarms.
* Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where required, including cut-resistant gloves when working with knives or blades.
* Demonstrate proper food safety and sanitation work habits.
* Use proper lifting procedures.
* Keep floors and work areas clear and clean.
* Never leave running machinery unattended.
* This is a smoke free shop. Smoke in designated areas.
* Employees are responsible for understanding company policy and procedures as promulgated in the policy and procedure manual and the employee manual.
* Know MSDS information about all materials used during work.
* Must complete and follow Lockout/Tagout training.
* Must complete and follow Confined Space training and Right to Know training.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
* Must be able to communicate and understand company policies and safety regulations to complete job duties satisfactorily.
* Must meet the ergonomic and physical requirements, as well as the physical base scores for this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to use, or learn to use, the equipment and tools used to perform this job.
* Shift hours: minimum 4-hour shifts or more depending upon business needs
* Job cycles: continual max
* Lift/carry: 50 lbs.
* Stand 55%, sit 0%, walk 45%
* Category IV: lifting, carrying, P/P up to 50 lbs.
* Max pull static: 20 lbs.
* Temperatures ranging from freezer environment to back room that is not air-conditioned - exposure to weather conditions
* Team members are responsible for understanding company policy and procedures as promulgated in the policy and procedure manual and the team member handbook.
The GIANT Company is an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Requisition: 299091_external_USA-MD-Eldersburg