Not the right job for you? Register your details at the 'Introduce Yourself' link (top right) and we'll be in touch!
Job Location: SRS Distribution - McKinney
7440 State Highway 121 McKinney, TX 75070-3104
Sponsored by leading private equity firms, Leonard Green & Partners and Berkshire Partners, SRS Distribution ("SRS") is a large, specialty distribution platform that operates a network of 700+ branch locations across 45 states. Since the company's founding in 2008, SRS has achieved a best-in-class growth trajectory driven by the execution of 100+ acquisitions, the opening of 150+ new greenfield sites, and superior organic growth. SRS has an entrepreneurial mind-set and differentiated culture, which have been core tenants of its success and ability to attract talent in all areas of the organization. The company maintains leadership positions in three large and attractive industry verticals - roofing, landscape supply, and pool & spa supply. SRS is one of the fastest growing distribution businesses in the U.S. and in the top 60 on Forbes list of America's Largest Private Companies.
The goal of SRS is to form the strongest national network of independent roofingand building productdistributors with the most talented team of people working together to deliver the industry's best products and services. In addition to our commitment to customer focus, SRS strives to become the preferred employer in the industry with highly motivated and engaged employees operating in an entrepreneurial culture where the corporate office works for the field and not the reverse. Make money,have fun and give back with us! Find out more at.
Reporting to the Sr Director of Operational Accounting, the Inventory Control Manager will be a crucial part of the operational accounting team, managing cycle counts, year-end physicals, and other inventory related processes. As a building products distribution company, one of our most important assets is our over $1 billion of inventory. The Inventory Control Manager will work with various other functional areas to build upon existing processes and procedures to implement a robust inventory control program.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop, implement, and enforce SOPs to ensure inventory accuracy for financial reporting purposes
- Work closely with accounting, internal audit, operational controllers, and the field teams to execute on strategic initiatives around inventory controls
- Responsible for planning and managing cycle count program and year-end physical inventory across all business units
- Assist with acquisitions, both for close weekend full physical inventory counts and the integration process
- Manage communications with audit firm around changes in the business, including M&A activity
- Learn and understand all business units and various inventory processes, including customer and vendor consignment, agency, and early order programs, and work with the field teams to ensure accurate reporting
- Perform certain accounting reconciliations and journal entries, specifically related to inventory (i.e. inventory adjustments, variance analysis, slow moving and obsolete inventory, etc.), as needed
- Create reports with detailed analysis to determine needed improvements and to quantify the improvements over previous periods
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Supply Chain Management, or other relevant area or experience
- Relevant certification (such as CPA, CIA) preferred but not required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in distribution environment or working with clients with significant physical inventory
- High capacity for strategic thought and ability to solve business issues
- Experience operating or performing cycle counts across various locations (strongly preferred)
- Strong business acumen
- Proven ability to build processes and execute
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office products, especially Excel
- Experience dealing with high volumes of data and performing analytics
- Willing to travel occasionally to be on site for acquisitions and other activities, as needed
- Personable, organized, and attention to detail
- Must demonstrate that you can work in a hands-on, team driven, high growth environment
Equal Opportunity Employer & Veteran Friendly Employer. SRS Distribution believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.
- Competitive salaries for all team members paid weekly
- Private Stock Ownership
- Equity Growth Incentive Plan (after 6 months of employment)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays, Birthday, and Floating Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Flexible and Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Additional Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability also offered
- Safety Program with Bonuses for our Drivers
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Veteran Friendly Employer. SRS Distribution believes in hiring military veterans at any level for any position. We know your service trained you in many of the areas we value, such as; leadership, teamwork, performance, integrity, and safety. If your experience matches our requirements, we want you to apply today.