JOB TITLE: Shuttle Driver
DIVISION: Mountain Operations
REPORTS TO: Parking & Roads Manager
LOCATION: Village and Moonbeam base area
CLASSIFICATION: Part-Time / Full-Time / Seasonal / Hourly
Are you looking to work in an area where there are breathtaking views and remarkable wildlife? Maybe you're a people person looking to connect with great people who also enjoy the mountain scene. This job is for you! Our shuttle drivers must first be qualified to operate guest shuttles and company vehicles with an acceptable driving record. The shuttle driver will be interacting with guests as they provide transportation from one area of the resort to another, so we expect excellent customer service. An important part of this job is to assist guests onto the shuttle if necessary, so they remain safe and untroubled for the extension of their experience at the resort. We are excited to be growing our team and treating our employees to the unique and amazing perks and benefits Solitude Mountain Resort has to offer.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have a valid driver's license and excellent driving record to operate any company vehicle
- Must be able to safely operate company vehicles when assigned
- Must have sufficient communication skills to answer guest questions and the physical ability necessary to complete all other shuttle service duties and responsibilities
- Willing to work flexible work schedules that may include holidays and weekends
- Must have the desire and ability to tolerate and work in varying weather conditions for extended periods of time including cold temperatures, and inclement weather.
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time and lifting up to 40 lbs.
- The ability to meet and/or exceed satisfactory performance levels in all duties as assigned
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Snow removal with snow shovels and power-assisted snow removal equipment
- Constant and continuous collection of trash and debris, sweeping, etc.
- Open to accepting other shuttle service duties and responsibilities within the department.
- Communicate in a pleasant and respectful manner with fellow employees and guests
- Assist guests with parking directions and demonstrate knowledge of the resort for any other guest questions
- Possess and implement a thorough knowledge of appropriate procedures
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Safely drive guests from the Village base area to the Moonbeam base area or directed areas around the resort as requested
- Assist guests in a polite and respectful manner onto the shuttle if necessary
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
At Solitude Mountain Resort, we offer a variety of employee benefits! First, you are lucky enough to be working in the beautiful, scenic Wasatch Mountains. Enjoy mountain activities before work, after work, on work breaks, and on days off! Activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and so much more. Work with other mountain enthusiasts. This is an excellent opportunity to socialize, meet great people, and attend employee events around the resort. Some events include unique opportunities like employee ski days, employee yoga, live music events, film festival ski movie features, and many more summer activities- at work! You get to work and play in the same place. Eligibility is dependent on all employee classification of work.
Ski and Ride
- Eligible employees receive a free Solitude season pass for themselves and eligible dependents. This includes unlimited skiing/riding for winter employees with no blackout dates and bike hauls for summer employees
- Free access to select Alterra Mountain Company Destinations throughout North America for you and eligible dependents
- Discounted Solitude lift tickets for your friends & family
- Discounted ski and ride lessons
- Free Nordic ski and snowshoe pass for the Solitude Nordic & Snowshoe Center for winter employees
- Ski and ride perks at other local resorts
- Complimentary UTA Ski Bus pass
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSA, FSA for eligible employees
- Discounts resort-wide for food, rentals, retail, lessons, and more
- Pro deals with hundreds of outdoor brands
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Free counseling service for you and your household members through our Employee Assistance Program