WORK AND PLAY IN THE MOUNTAINS
Join our team of big mountain adventurers at the largest ski resort in Washington! Here at Crystal, it's more than our work. It's our passion for the guest experience, the outdoors, and the community that bring us together at the end of the tree-lined road. We come from near and far to be up on the mountain because it's an experience you just don't get anywhere else. Events are always on the calendar and friends are always down to play. Work in the beautiful National Forest, neighboring Mt. Rainier, as a premier Ikon Pass destination with a whole lot of stoke to share.
JUST LIKE THE TREES, WE ARE GROWING! Apply today to grow your mountain roots with us- whether you are looking to escape the city, expand your skills, or progress in the ski industry, we have a variety of roles for hard-working and enthusiastic team-players. Find your line, join our team!
BIG PEAKS, BIGGER PERKS
- Free Alterra season pass (unlimited, direct to lift at all Alterra resorts)
- + Free Alterra season pass for spouse and dependents 25 & under
- 50% off window ticket price at IKON partner resorts
- Free access to Alterra Mountain destinations during time off
- Free ski-referral letters for employees to use at other mountain resorts during time off
- Discounted friends & family day-ski vouchers (Up to 85% off)
- Discounts on Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Discounts on Ski & Snowboard Rentals
- Discounts on Gear Tune-Ups
- Discounts on Food & Beverage
- Discounts at Crystal Mountain Retail shops
- Free Crystal branded swag
- Pro deals on gear with 100s of brands
- Discount Marketplace
- Deals on accessories, auto, electronics, entertainment, fitness, food, home, pet supplies, travel, and more
- Employee-only Night Skiing events
- Employee Housing available, on-mountain and off-mountain
- Accrued paid time off for eligible positions
- Group health insurance for eligible positions
- 401K benefit and generous match with immediate vesting for all staff members over 21
- Opportunities for growth, advancement, and year-round employment
Position Title: Lift Operator Night Skiing
Business Unit: Mountain Operations
Position Reports to: Lift Operation Manager
Positions Reporting to this Role: None
Location: Crystal Mtn.Washington
Wage Range: This position pays $20.00 hourly
- Safely and efficiently operate ski lift
- Assist in opening procedures at the ski lift and in the maze
- Responsible in assisting guests of all ages and abilities to load and unload chairlifts
- Enthusiastically interact with guests throughout the day and provide customer service
- Prepare and maintain a safe workspace throughout the day as conditions change (shoveling, raking, moving snow)
- Complete required forms such as daily logs and other documents as needed legibly and accurately
- Able to work independently or in small groups to accomplish daily job-related tasks
- Maintain the cleanliness of lift chairs of snow and ice for guests
- Assist in closing procedures at the ski lift and in the maze
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS-
- Must be 18 or older
- Ski/Snowboard experience required
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to maximize use of time and resources
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS-
- This position is required to work evenings on the weekends as well as weekday holidays during December, and various days between the start of Winter Season and the end of the Winter season while in operation.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 30 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, standing, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Working outside in various extreme cold weather conditions for long periods of time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer