Export Shipping Specialist
| Honda North America|
|paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), relocation assistance|
United States, Ohio, Marysville
|September 19, 2023|
Honda Development and Manufacturing of America, LLC.
Export Shipping Specialist
Location: Marysville, Ohio
Workstyle: Hybrid (60% in office 40% remote)
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
This position is responsible for handling coordination, consolidation and packing of local parts into shipments for international supply chain services. This includes coordinating with internal departments and external parties to ensure compliance with export regulations, overseeing documentation process, learning how to arrange logistics, tracking and monitoring shipments and maintaining clear communications with customers. This position is responsible for ensuring timely delivery of export shipments while minimizing costs and continuously improving process.
* Coordinate structured tasks to execute export shipments.
* Tracking and monitoring shipments to ensure they are delivered on time and resolving any issues that may arise.
* Coordinates with cross-functional team to determine export requirements and timelines.
* Assists in the preparation of monthly KPI data.
* Maintain clear communications with customers to ensure timely delivery.
* Ensure compliance with quality management standards within the internal department and across the organization.
Who we are seeking:
* 0-4yrs work experience based on education
* Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management or equivalent relevant experience
Other job-specific skills:
* Honda KD export operations knowledge
* Honda Supply Chain
* General warehousing management
* Clean sheet approach to planning and analysis
Additional Position Factors:
* Open office environment
* Hybrid style, 60% in office, 40% remote
* Potential for domestic and international travel as required by the demands of the job
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
* Competitive Base Salary
* Annual Bonus
* Overtime Pay
* Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
* Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, and personal days
* 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
* Relocation assistance (if eligible)
* Advancement opportunities
* Career mobility
* Education reimbursement for continued learning
* Training and Development programs
* Wellbeing program
* Community service and engagement programs
* Product programs
* Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.