Interiors Engineer - Cabin Systems
| Honda North America|
United States, North Carolina, Greensboro
|September 19, 2023|
Honda Aircraft Company
About the Opportunity:
You will be at the forefront of the next generation of highly talented interiors designers and engineers at Honda Aircraft Company. The interior of our HondaJet aircraft is where we directly interface and with our aircraft owners and passengers. Passenger experience is an area of extreme importance to our product, and you will join our Interiors team to lead the development of the features, functionalities, and overall Integration of the Cabin Interior system, including Cabin Liners, Monuments (such as galleys and other interior cabinetry) and Mechanisms (such as tables and doors).
As system Integrator you will be the primary engineering knowledge-owner for Honda Aircraft Company and act as primary technical focal point for collaborating suppliers. Your responsibilities will include defining system functionalities, developing technical solutions, leading integration activities with interfacing systems (including aircraft Structures, Cabin Environment systems, entertainment systems, powered amenities, screen-based and physical cabin Management interfaces, Lighting systems, galley appliances), managing supplier deliverables and schedules, and guiding the overall system from initial definition through engineering design, testing, certification and entry into service. On a given day you may host regular supplier progress and technical integration meetings, develop and provide program status reports, evaluate Honda and supplier prototype components in our mockup or test bench, co-develop design and aircraft installations with our manufacturing team, create human factors and passenger ergonomics assessments, review and release technical engineering drawings, or undertake testing and system certification activities. You will be given the opportunity to apply your outstanding experience and future vision, using judgement and autonomy to guide the future of business aircraft cabin experience. This position affords an expectation of strong personal and professional growth within our agile engineering teams.
Who You Are:
You have a deep understanding of aircraft cabin systems, from a user-interface and overall experience viewpoint. You are sable to see the overall picture and also deep dive into details as needed, utilizing solid judgement and problem solving skills, facilitation discussion and collaboration, getting the most out of your team and colleagues to benefit the aircraft program. You prioritize passenger experience and can expertly establish and pursue a class-leading in-flight experience, balanced this with functional an d engineering skills to make it happen - incorporating the realities of weight, schedule, cost and technical objectives. You are ready and able to take a project from initial concept and see it through to final delivery. You are seeking an opportunity to apply the knowledge you have gained, working with other talented engineers in the research and development of the next generation of luxury business aircraft.
Your Key Responsibilities:
7. Validate engineering designs per engineering core principles, design standards, processes and industry best practices.
8. Make technical and program-related recommendations to engineering leadership.
9. Work with Manufacturing and Customer-Service teams to ensure design for modularity, manufacturability, maintainability, and ease of future upgrade.
10. Ensure adherence to program milestones and objectives.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. Bachelors' degree in Mechanical, Aerospace or Civil Engineering from a four year college or university is required. (In lieu of degree, management may elect to consider individuals with a equivalent years of combined experience and training.)
2. Masters' degree in Engineering preferred.
3. 5+ years of engineering experience with at least three years of design engineering and supplier integration experience directly related to mechanical/interior design for commercial aircraft.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge of conceptual design development of aircraft interiors.
2. Working knowledge of industry standard (i.e. - parts lists, bill of materials, parts and standards callout, etc).
3. In-depth knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
4. Familiarity with 14CFR Part 23/25.
5. Proficiency in CATIA V5 workbenches or equivalent 3D modeling tools (i.e. - Solidworks, Unigraphics, etc).
6. Proficiency in Teamcenter (or equivalent PLM tool).
7. Ability to work independently or within a team environment.
8. Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within an organization and present data clearly and concisely.
9. Ability to work cross functionally with Quality and Production to resolve issues on the production line.
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided "reach assistance technology" or "movement assist technology" (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: ) 01/07/13