Manufacturing Characteristics Engineer
| Honda North America|
|paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), relocation assistance|
United States, Ohio, Columbus
|September 19, 2023|
Honda Development and Manufacturing of America, LLC.
Manufacturing Characteristics Engineer - Stamping
Location: Marysville, OH - PEBUM
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
Lead/Drive characteristic improvements (SEQCDM) within assigned category by analysing regional data and documenting production equipment/processes through benchmarking and best practice sharing. Provide Regional (RO) viewpoint for Local (LO) and Global (GO) strategies, New Model (NM) development, lead project development/execution of regional initiatives/business plan and specification/technology confirmation.
* Lead Characteristics Analysis - Data analysis, benchmarking, best practice sharing
* Drive correlation between LO/RO/GO strategies and NM development to influence leadership direction setting/strategic goals, project evaluations through E-plan, capacity/allocation studies and business plan (BP) themes
* Analyze and implement solutions based on Production Engineering Work Orders (PEWO) through the development and evaluation of the engineering concept sheets (ECS), payback calculations, and environmental documents
* Lead and complete complex study activity, equipment renewal strategies & data request activity from LO/GO
* Responsible for new technology/process studies to understand characteristic impact, investment cost and ROI
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience
* 8-15 years of relevant engineering work experience (focused in the ST category)
* Past project leadership experience (New Model, Business Plan, Renewal/Innovation, New Technology Introduction)
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Manufacturing Engineering Preferred); or equivalent relevant experience
* Knowledge and experience within the Honda business planning process
* Strong verbal and written skills to communicate effectively both with customers and internal project teams
* Business acumen in a technical environment
* Demonstrated category specific expertise - 4M ST process
Additional Position Factors:
* Flexible Work Hours
* Flexible Work Schedule
* Frequent early morning/late night meetings with GO
* Estimate 5-10 Business trips per year may be required to support regional initiatives and improve overall efforts to improve standardization across the region. This activity may require short-term assignments at other Honda sites for 1-to-2-week periods.
* Average 5-15 hours of OT per week
* Weekend and holiday work may be required
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
* Manager Lease Car Program (No Cost - Car, Maintenance, and Insurance included)
* Overtime compensation
* Annual Bonus
* Associate lease car program with a cost
* Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision)
* Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
* 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
* Relocation assistance (if eligible)
* Advancement opportunities
* Career mobility
* Education reimbursement for continued learning
* Training and Development programs
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.