The SVP, Cards and Payments plays a critical role in the execution and oversight of Civic's cards and payments business plan and contributes to the Leadership Team's decisions on key strategic and tactical issues pertaining to the Credit Union. Responsible for creating and driving the Credit Union's cards and payments strategy, roadmap and business requirements of payment products including debit cards, credit cards, mobile payments, person-to-person payments, ACH, mobile wallets, and more. Develop an integrated cards and payments function that supports the Credit Union with key capabilities as required from a strategic and operational perspective that supports ease of money movement while including risk management. Responsible for innovation of and policies for cards and payments services as well as implementation and support. Ensure service delivery, compliance, policies, procedures and operations of staff. Negotiate contracts with vendors and perform due diligence. Ensure goals are established, communicated and met while maintaining world-class member service. Lead efforts through thought-leadership and oversight for a high-performance team to execute key initiatives.
NORMAL DAY-TO-DAY WORK
- Drive and execute the payment products vision, strategy and roadmap. Ensure product features and priorities align with business objectives to optimize the best possible member experience.
- Supervise, direct and control the activities of card services, payments, and money movement. Evaluate payments program and performance. Implement changes to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead strategic enterprise partnerships including payment networks and processing networks. In conjunction with Legal, negotiate and manage all cards and payments contracts.
- Responsible for innovation, development, administration and delivery of efficient and effective services including policies, procedures, processes, compliance and business goals. Research, recommend and implement payment policies and programs. Conduct analysis to measure the results of feature deployments to quantify the business benefit/impact and identify further business opportunities.
- Partner closely on all aspects of cards and payments product delivery and money movement with designers, engineers, digital banking, project management and other teams to develop and implement a project plan for cards and payments technologies and products. Work with Communication staff to develop informational and accurate descriptions of payment products and services offered and the benefits to our members.
- Represent payment products and money movement at specific committees and meetings and ensure all features and fees are accurately presented and continuously monitored. In conjunction with Finance, share updated analytics to determine if a rate change is recommended for consideration to Leadership.
- Have a pulse of the market trends of other financial products and services as well as alternative delivery methods. Develop and implement a plan for cards and payments products/services offered and the benefits to our members. Responsible for the development and execution of a deployment strategy for these products and services.
- In conjunction with Risk, develop, monitor and maintain fraud risk management programs and procedures as it pertains to cards and payments. Remain cognizant and adhere to the Credit Union's policies and procedures pertaining to various regulations and regulatory requirements as applicable.
- Develop proposals for policies, programs and new products and services for the Operations Management Committee of the Credit Union's Board of Directors to gain approval.
- Utilize relevant market research to assess product and market trends to identify a need or market opportunity. Continue to grow the cards and payments portfolio while assessing competitive factors, regulatory implications, technology/system requirements and cost/benefit analysis.
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be qualified for this position.
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business Development, or related field.
- Minimum 12 years experience in branch operations, business development, member relations or related field, with 7+ years of management experience within a financial institution.
- Experience with operations and product development while providing a high degree of innovation and vision.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop new products in order to stay competitive in the current marketplace.
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment and utilize standard office equipment including, but not limited to: PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer printer).
- Travel required on occasion.
Here are a few qualities we'd LIKE for you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Master's degree.
Our organizations believe we can all do well by doing good. We value the contributions of diverse minds and prioritize the success and wellbeing of our employees. We also believe every person in our organization plays a role in supporting a healthy environment and helping to achieve our goal of prosperity for all. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic, and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for professional advancement and individual growth. We strive to always display integrity, self-awareness, courage, and respect for one another while continuing to seek opportunities to learn. We really believe that when our employees succeed, our community wins.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR department at:
3600 Wake Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC 27609