Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Regulatory & Scientific Affairs Documentation Coordinator
United States, Virginia, Arlington
1812 North Moore Street (Show on map)
|October 24, 2023|
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestle is the place for you. Nestle USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestle's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Entry Level Role providing support to the Regulatory & Scientific Affairs (RSA) team to help bring Innovation and Renovation (I&R) projects to the market through creating & entering label declarations into Nestle's systems, providing support with compiling claims substantiation and regulatory assessments, assisting with proofreading, conducting label reviews, drafting correspondences, and reviewing product communications as requested. The Documentation Coordinator will conduct regulatory research using Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), Policy Manuals, Scientific Journals and other internal and external resources. Preparing RSA trainings & presentations as requested is another function of the Documentation Coordinator. Effective communication skills, high attention to detail, and strong organizational skills to support and increase efficiencies are some of the qualities of a successful candidate.
In this role, key responsibilities that you will support include:
* Creating and maintaining documents and records needed by the Regulatory team to support compliance
* Proofreading labels and other product communications (Smart Label, eCommerce, website).
* Developing components of product labels including ingredient statements, allergen declarations, nutrition facts panels, net weight statements and claims, that comply with government regulations and food standards of identity requirements.
* Perform Data entry for label development activities including elabels
* Contribute effectively to the foundation of the Regulatory team by maintaining compliance tools, updating policies and procedures, and striving for continuous improvement to enable products to get to market quickly
* Other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Requires BS/BA, preferably in nutrition and/or food science;
1-2+ years experience in the food industry, primarily in regulatory affairs, regulatory compliance, food labeling, nutrition or product development.
* Results-oriented team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
* Able to work proactively with RSA team members and management to help with prioritization when there are conflicting deadlines
* Organized and detail-oriented, with solid analytical and decision-making skills.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills, along with influencing and negotiation skills, process knowledge in functional area, and an ability to communicate regulatory and technical issues in clear, concise terms to non-technical audiences.
* Basic knowledge of FDA/USDA food labeling regulations and documentation requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently
The salary for this position will be approximately $50,000 to $65,000 + bonus and excellent benefits
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.