WORK AND PLAY IN THE MOUNTAINS
Join our team of big mountain adventurers at the largest ski resort in Washington! Here at Crystal, it's more than our work. It's our passion for the guest experience, the outdoors, and the community that bring us together at the end of the tree-lined road. We come from near and far to be up on the mountain because it's an experience you just don't get anywhere else. Events are always on the calendar and friends are always down to play. Work in the beautiful National Forest, neighboring Mt. Rainier, as a premier Ikon Pass destination with a whole lot of stoke to share.
JUST LIKE THE TREES, WE ARE GROWING! Apply today to grow your mountain roots with us- whether you are looking to escape the city, expand your skills, or progress in the ski industry, we have a variety of roles for hard-working and enthusiastic team-players. Find your line, join our team!
BIG PEAKS, BIGGER PERKS
- Free Alterra season pass (unlimited, direct to lift at all Alterra resorts)
- + Free Alterra season pass for spouse and dependents 25 & under
- 50% off window ticket price at IKON partner resorts
- Free access to Alterra Mountain destinations during time off
- Free ski-referral letters for employees to use at other mountain resorts during time off
- Discounted friends & family day-ski vouchers (Up to 85% off)
- Discounts on Ski & Snowboard Lessons
- Discounts on Ski & Snowboard Rentals
- Discounts on Gear Tune-Ups
- Discounts on Food & Beverage
- Discounts at Crystal Mountain Retail shops
- Free Crystal branded swag
- Pro deals on gear with 100s of brands
- Discount Marketplace
- Deals on accessories, auto, electronics, entertainment, fitness, food, home, pet supplies, travel, and more
- Employee-only Night Skiing events
- Employee Housing available, on-mountain and off-mountain
- Accrued paid time off for eligible positions
- Group health insurance for eligible positions
- 401K benefit and generous match with immediate vesting for all staff members over 21
- Opportunities for growth, advancement, and year-round employment
Position Title: Freeride Coach
Business Unit: Ski & Ride School
Position Reports to:Freeride Supervisor
Positions Reporting to this Role: None
Location: Crystal Mountain, Washington
Wage Range: $23.00 - 32.40 DOE
This position is NOT eligible for employee housing.
- Uphold, promote and support the Snowsport School vision of fostering a community of passionate skiers and riders.
- Coach a variety of levels of skiers or snowboarders while placing guest safety as the highest priority.
- Lead groups through all levels of terrain while fostering a safe learning environment.
- Communicate with the Freeride Supervisor and other Freeride Coaches on lesson plans, strategies and tactics to achieve educational goals daily and throughout the season.
- Act as an information and guest service resource to customers and other departments as required.
- Attend training sessions and participate in training activities to contribute to ongoing professional development.
- Other duties as assigned by the leadership team in Snowsports.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Strong freeriding teaching skills to be able to a lead groups into all levels of terrain and conditions.
- The ability to set a Professional example both on and off the hill to his/her staff and students.
- Previous Freeride experience both in competition and coaching athletes preferred.
- Membership with IFSA and certifications such as the IFSA 100 and 200 are preferred as well.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays while in operation.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to communicate with computers, phones, and mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on skis/snowboards standing, sliding, sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Able to spend long periods outside without breaks. (Minimum 2 hours)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
An Equal Opportunity Employer