Job posting has expired
Strategic Procurement Specialist - Marketing
| Honda North America
|paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), relocation assistance
United States, California, Torrance
1919 Torrance Boulevard (Show on map)
|January 05, 2024
American Honda Motor Co
Strategic Procurement Specialist - Marketing
Location: Torrance, CA
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, passion, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
The Strategic Procurement Specialist through theme execution / implementation, strategic management and stakeholder alignment is responsible to bring spend within their category under procurement management. Additionally, s/he will regularly engage with the business stakeholder community, lead strategies to achieve optimal cost reduction, and ensure the management of supplier relationships and risk. S/he is directly responsible for owning the relationships with key site and stakeholder leadership. The Strategic Procurement Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of sourcing strategies and collaboration with internal business partners and suppliers to reduce risks and costs for Honda. The Strategic Procurement Specialist is accountable to identify, set, and manage metrics to hold suppliers accountable for performance and delivery. S/he will drive results through the creation and management of competitive bidding processes and analyzation of data and market trends. S/he is responsible to plan for the category, driving/implementing initiatives, communicating and influencing customers and suppliers at all levels. S/he must work collaboratively, exhibit a strong sense of urgency to meet customer timelines, exhibit an intense curiosity/learning drive, successfully operate in a fast-paced environment, engage/influence key stakeholders, be extremely customer-focused, and continuously develop their business acumen. Must be able to successfully manage multiple projects to meet the business' objectives and customer expectations.
* Managing Supplier Performance / Development / Risk/ Support Segmentation
* Executing the Strategic Sourcing Function in Alignment with Category
* Meet category SEQCDM performance targets and measures, monitor progress, and implement countermeasures when necessary
* Responsible for project implementation and oversight of projects and business plan items, monitors progress and adjusts direction as needed
* Share ideas, negotiate, collaborate, and build consensus across North America sites
* Apply key customer (upstream, downstream, and end-user) viewpoint in all category activities
* Apply Agile Procurement strategies
* Build a network of productive relationships across American Honda to achieve category plans, targets, and compliance.
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
* A minimum of 2-6 years of experience in either a Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, or related role or in a field where job knowledge & skills are applicable based on education.
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, or related field or equivalent experience
* Basic Computer Skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Suit to include Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Etc. Familiarity with SAP, Ariba, or major ERP systems.
* Basic understanding of commercial terms/conditions and identifying/ negotiating master agreement requirements; ability to identify engagement risk factors and ensure commercial contracts and legal agreements appropriately mitigate risk and protect Honda.
* Understanding of, and experience with, multi-step strategic sourcing processes and category management strategies
* Able to explain complex data in an understandable manner for a wide range of audiences.
* Communication/negotiation skills for various audience levels
Additional Position Factors:
* Hybrid role with expectation to be on-site as necessary.
* Up to 25% Travel - Ability to Travel on Short Notice for North American Support
* ~ 5 Hours of OT per week
* Any experience in Marketing, Sales, or Advertising would be a bonus
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
* Competitive Base Salary
* Annual Bonus
* Overtime Pay
* Industry leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
* Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
* 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
* Relocation assistance (if eligible)
* Advancement opportunities
* Career mobility
* Education reimbursement for continued learning
* Training and Development programs
* Wellbeing program
* Community service and engagement programs
* Product programs
* Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.