| Honda North America
|paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), relocation assistance
United States, Ohio, Russells Point
|March 02, 2024
Honda Development and Manufacturing of America, LLC.
Location: Russells Point, OH
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda?
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
Lead, create, and implement innovative technical activities and solutions in the areas of company/department Business Plan, New Model, and Mass Production to efficiently meet or exceed Safety, Environmental, Quality, Delivery, Cost and Morale (SEQDCM) characteristics targets.
* Develop skills in all aspects of manufacturing from mechanical, electrical, and controls viewpoint to fully understand equipment and processes requirements.
* Utilize equipment, quality, and process data analysis tools to perform PDCA to meet Dept. KPI's.
* Develop the technical requirements from PDCA analysis, Business Plan, or New Model projects to provide solutions and obtain project approval from management.
* Design concepts and equipment solution methods to meet the technical requirements established by PDCA analysis, Business Plan, or New Model projects.
* Create detailed specifications to ensure that all required Honda and Federal standards are met for the designed equipment and process concepts.
* Create and manage budgets and schedules required for the needed equipment designs to support PDCA, Business Plan, or New Model activity cost targets and project deadlines.
* Support quality and process activity plans for Equipment confirmations to ensure a spike less effect on production after implementation.
* Manage the maturation of the tooling / equipment through design, runoff, and installation ensuring they meet specifications.
* Perform continuous improvement activity to consistently drive down costs, improve efficiencies, and optimize equipment & processes.
* Maintain a high level of safety for oneself and Department associates from an equipment viewpoint meeting all OHSA and Honda guidelines to meet Plant Safety A0's.
Who we are seeking:
2 - 8 years' relevant experience based on education.
BS in Mech/Elec/Industrial Engineering or related experience
Other job-specific skills:
Good problem solving and communications skills. High technical knowledge and manufacturing experience
Additional Position Factors:
* Any physical job function to fit within Honda ergonomic guidelines. Work environment is office or manufacturing clean room.
* Occasional travel is required either domestic or international for training or equipment confirmations.
* Five to ten overtime hours is typical but could be more based on project or equipment downtimes.
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
* Competitive Base Salary
* Annual Bonus
* Overtime Pay
* Industry-leading Benefit Plans (Medical, Dental, Vision, Rx)
* Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, and personal days
* 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
* Relocation assistance (if eligible)
* Advancement opportunities
* Career mobility
* Education reimbursement for continued learning
* Training and Development programs
* Wellbeing program
* Community service and engagement programs
* Product programs
* Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.