Job posting has expired
Nuclear Counter Proliferation Analyst (Nuclear SME)
| Leidos Inc
|tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance
United States, Virginia, Fort Belvoir
|December 08, 2023
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defense, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more. We may be able to offer relocation assistance and a sign-on bonus to qualified candidates.
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world's toughest security obstacles for customers with "can't fail" missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
We are looking for your expertise as a Nuclear Subject Matter Expert to support one of our Counter Proliferation Analyst positions located at Ft. Belvoir, VA.
Clearance requirement: active Top Secret SCI (TS SCI) US DoD clearance is required. Only candidates with this level of clearance will be considered.
What You'll Get to Do:
As a Counter-Proliferation Analyst (Nuclear SME), you will serve as a nuclear/radiological subject-matter expert and technical authority with a focus on current/near-term events, plans, developments and trends pertaining to the proliferation of WMD and nuclear/radiological events; issues impacting nuclear weapons security; force protection; and force operability and survivability against a broad spectrum of nuclear, biological, chemical and other WMD events. As a nuclear subject matter expert, conducts applied research on specific intelligence issues pertaining to the WMD threats to US and allied nations; provides written input to reports and briefings; assists with answering requests for information (RFI); assists in research and analytical data entries related to WMD; all for dissemination to Agency leadership and its personnel, Combatant Commands, and the Intelligence Community (IC). You will serve on a unique, multi-discipline team assisting DTRA, CCMDs, and IA and IC partners to fuse operations.
More About the Role:
As a Counter-Proliferation Analyst with specialized experience in Nuclear Defense you will analyze and produce intelligence products for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) focused on Nuclear WMDs, and counter-proliferation threats using advanced all source analytic capabilities. You will apply expertise in Nuclear WMD, Counter-proliferation, and network analysis (Counter Threat Network), social network analysis, and command and control systems. You will serve as an all-source counter-proliferation intelligence analyst with specialized experience in Nuclear Defense whose primary responsibility will be informing DTRA activities through structured research using multiple sources and analytic tool suites. You will deliver products that increase the client's situational understanding and comprehension of Nuclear WMD and Improvised-Threats, and associated counter-proliferation networks. You will assist in evaluating paths to Nuclear WMDs, including state WMD programs and potential proliferation.
The Counter-Proliferation Analyst (Nuclear SME) will respond to strategic operational and tactical collection needs based on raw intelligence and apply knowledge of related collection techniques and possess working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the Nuclear WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment. You will assist in enabling DOD, IA, and IC communities of action to dismantle, disrupt, and defeat Nuclear WMD and counter-threat networks. To do this, you will prioritize and categorize requests for support, conduct near- and long-term analyses of device and network-centric problem sets, and fuse multiple intelligence disciplines. You will directly support embedded teammates; answer requests for support from customers and work closely with the senior analysts to develop high-quality products and work closely with other members of the team to identify valuable information on Nuclear WMD and Counter-proliferation threats, and enemy organizations; identify trends, patterns, and key nodes.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Top Secret/Specialized Compartmented Information Security Clearance.
* Bachelor's degree in in nuclear-related field (mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering, or chemical engineering) and at least eight years of relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* More than 3 years of experience providing intelligence analysis for DoD and/or an intelligence agency in an analyst role, including multi-intelligence WMD or counter-proliferation production in the past 7 years.
* More than 2 years of direct experience with DoD and IC All-Source analysis tools, collecting and analyzing information in support of DoD or other government organizations, or direct experience managing analytic production, or the exploitation of multi-intelligence data focused on WMD or counter-proliferation.
* More than 1 year of experience providing Attack the Network (AtN) analysis focused on WMD, CT, or counter-proliferation/improvised threat networks.
* Practical understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment.
* Practical understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
* Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
* Practical understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
* Practical understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.
* You must also possess the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
* Willing to work rotating shifts if needed - that may include nights and weekends.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Graduate degree in nuclear related field (mechanical engineering, nuclear engineering, or chemical engineering).
* Previous experience with CBRN/WMD-related intelligence (i.e. nuclear security, counter-proliferation, nuclear policy, health/medical, arms control, weapons technology, etc.).
* Scientific or technical education or background.
* Experience with the DTRA including its planning processes.
* Experience with the terminology used in the collection of data for chemicals, biologics, and WMDs and their proliferation.
* Knowledge of advanced internet-based research, including Boolean logic, advanced research techniques, search engine and database resources, and Internet sources, including social media, social networking tools, and commercial and industry-based databases.
* Experience accessing, researching, and exploiting global and regional digital platforms and PAI data.
* Expert understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the Nuclear WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment.
* Expert understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
* Expert understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
* Expert understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, ICReach SIGINT database, Cultweave SIGINT database, PROTON SIGINT Database.
* Expert understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.
* More than ten years of military experience, and/or a combination of military and IC Agency experience, including recent combat deployments, and be well-versed in all areas of military intelligence, WMD, and Counter-proliferation.
* Expert understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.Pay Range:Pay Range $87,100.00 - $157,450.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.Original Posting Date:12/11/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.