Join the leading beverage provider, Reyes Coca-Cola Bottling!
- Shift: Full Time, 1st Shift
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Match, PTO, Education Reimbursement
If you enjoy our products, you'll really enjoy being a part of our team!
Pay Transparency Statement:
The compensation philosophy reflects the Company's reasonable expectation at the time of posting. We consider a number of factors when making individual compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, and other business needs. This role may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary incentive program, subject to the rule governing the program.
The Corporate Equipment Engineering Manager will assist the company's manufacturing plants with chronic downtime issues and drive improvement in equipment performance including liquid packaging lines, both hot fill and cold fill. This position will provide plant support by assisting in preventive maintenance (PM) development, evaluation, coordination of overhauls and rebuilds, service, installation, commissioning, training, and consultation on high-speed packaging equipment. The Corporate Equipment Engineering Manager will provide on-site and as well as remote technical support and troubleshooting of manufacturing plant equipment.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Serve as a resource both on-site and remotely for plants experiencing catastrophic downtime events, chronic nuisance issues and/or a lack of onsite technical resources
- Build plant relationships in a professional manner through solution-oriented communication
- Participate in system installation and retrofit activity on liquid packaging lines, both hot fill and cold fill
- Assist manufacturing plant maintenance team with various tasks including:
- Evaluate effectiveness of PMs and PM program
- Plan and coordinate equipment overhauls and rebuilds
- Develop long term Asset Care plans and strategies
- Work with manufacturing plant electricians and mechanics to assist with day-to-day equipment troubleshooting including electrical, mechanical and process related issues
- Troubleshoot bottling and support equipment including fillers, cappers, depals, labelers, case and shrink packers, palletizers, wrappers, blenders, pasteurizers, sterilizers, boilers, ammonia compressors and air compressors
- Identify when vendor support is needed because of troubleshooting outcomes
- Assist with vendor coordination support for plants during critical downtime events
- Communicate issues/findings from downtime events with plant leadership and assist in developing long term strategy for correcting issues
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team to observe machine/line performance and identify issues and opportunities for improvement
- Participate in and lead structured problem-solving exercises such as Breakdown Analysis (BDA) and other root cause analysis i.e., 5 Why, Fishbone, etc
- Support automation hardware and software within the plants (Allen-Bradley/Rockwell and Siemens) including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Human Machine Interface (HMIs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), industrial networks and other various electrical systems
- Work with Operations Excellence (OE) group and plant leadership to ensure line controls are properly balanced for optimal performance
- Maintain and update plant Line Information System (LIS) to ensure it is accurately reporting OE data
- Support manufacturing plant operations network, including helping plants troubleshoot local issues, collaborating with vendors to support installs/updates and interfacing with corporate IT
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for new equipment to ensure that equipment meets company requirements and standards
- Manage capital projects and new equipment installations, including scoping projects, submitting requests for appropriations, Request for Approval (RFA), coordinating and supervising vendors and interfacing with plant leadership
- Assist with developing long term capital improvement plans for plants
- Other projects or duties as assigned