Job posting has expired
| Honda North America
|paid time off, paid holidays, sick time, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), relocation assistance
United States, Ohio, Anna
|January 28, 2024
Honda Development and Manufacturing of America, LLC.
Location: Anna, Ohio
What Makes a Honda, is Who makes a Honda
Honda has a clear vision for the future, and it's a joyful one. We are looking for individuals with the skills, courage, persistence, and dreams that will help us reach our future-focused goals.
At our core is innovation. Honda is constantly innovating and developing solutions to drive our business with record success. We strive to be a company which serves as a source of "power" that supports people around the world who are trying to do things based on their own initiative and that helps people expand their own potential. To this end, Honda strives to realize "the joy and freedom of mobility" by developing new technologies and an innovative approach to achieve a "zero environmental footprint."
We are looking for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, continuous improvement values, and a strong work ethic to join our team.
If your goals and values align with Honda's, we want you to join our team to Bring the Future!
About this Position:
Lead, create, and implement innovative technical activities and solutions in the areas of Mass Production, Business Plan and New Model to efficiently meet or exceed Safety, Environment, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Morale characteristic targets.
* Effectively communicate upstream and downstream to all levels of the organization to assure common understanding and direction.
* Review and analyze daily report(s) to identify safety, quality, delivery gaps and develop potential countermeasures and /or root cause analysis opportunities striving for continuous improvement.
* Utilize data analysis and PDCA to lead, support, develop and justify solutions with related groups/departments for your area of responsibility to solve complex problems.
* Monitor and manage equipment and processes to ensure optimal manufacturing performance and function while minimizing operating expense.
* Develop capability of self, colleagues, and team through training, mentoring, and sharing of experiences in area of technical expertise and understanding.
* Establish priorities and make decisions based on data analytics to most effectively accomplish business objectives.
* Manage project implementation, schedule, budget and resource allocations to ensure successful completion and target achievement.
* Test, evaluate, and implement new and innovative technologies to improve overall equipment and process efficiency.
* Develop and manage investment and expense budgets to achieve overall cost targets.
Who we are seeking:
Required Work Experience:
* Manufacturing co-op experience preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Electrical) with interest in manufacturing, or 6 years' of equivalent experience required
* Computer literate to support industry standard software applications
* Positive attitude, open minded & team player
* Strong self-motivation and desire to work in a manufacturing environment
* Self-managed and able to provide and set direction for others to be successful
* Demonstrates leadership capabilities
* Demonstrate strong communication (verbal/written) skills
Additional Position Factors:
* Work in production environment requiring fire retardant uniform, hard hat, steel toe shoes (kick offs suggested), ear protection, & safety glasses.
* Manufacturing environment with exposure to molten iron, dust, heat, process chemicals, and noise exposure.
* Hands-on investigation and troubleshooting within equipment to countermeasure issues and to determine improvement activity
* Working with hand/power tools, automation equipment, quality gauging and instrumentation
* 50% office environment/ 50% manufacturing lineside activity
* 10-15 hours overtime per week possible
* Possible weekend or off-shift support as necessary
* Travel >5% (domestic & international)
At Honda, you will play a key role in our journey to become a company that society wants to exist now, and in the future. Your endless curiosity will drive innovation and your courageous spirit will challenge the status quo. We believe having a workforce made up of diverse thinkers and innovators makes us a better Honda. Respect for each other and respect for diversity each and every day drives our associates to contribute at the highest level and work effectively in a team environment. We make the dream of mobility a reality with our innovative and high-quality products. Together, we Bring the Future to our customers, associates, and communities. We are Honda!
What differentiates Honda and make us an employer of choice?
* Competitive base salary
* Annual Bonus
* Paid time off, including vacation, paid holidays, sick time, personal days
* 401K Plan with company match + additional contribution
* Relocation assistance (if eligible)
* Advancement opportunities
* Career mobility
* Education reimbursement for continued learning
* Training and Development programs
* Wellbeing program
* Community service and engagement programs
* Product programs
* Free drinks onsite
Honda is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.