Join our team as a part-time Urgent Care Patient Services Representative in Pocatello, ID.
Fulfilling your purpose begins here:
People First, Always. Here's how we take care of our people:
- Medical, vision, dental health insurance, health savings account / flexible spending, competitive pay, paid time off, 401k retirement plan with company match, employee assistance program and more.
Your team is bigger than your department:
- Portneuf Medical Center is a nationally recognized healthcare leader with 205 beds, serving as the region's tertiary care and Level II Trauma Center, housing the Portneuf Heart and Vascular Institute, Portneuf Cancer Center, Portneuf Medical Group, and Portneuf Air Rescue.
- We believe healthcare is a team sport and every player has something to contribute. We show compassion, celebrate differences and treat one another with respect.
- Schedules patient appointments to effectively utilize the providers' schedules and create patient satisfaction. Coordinates efforts to fill no-show and cancellations in schedules to increase office productivity. Ensures all necessary information for billing, follow-up, authorization and medical records are obtained correctly. Accountable for knowing and collecting co-pays, balances and referring to appropriate departments for financial arrangements that have been or need to be made.
- Responsible for answering phone calls, ensuring patients questions and concerns are responded to in a timely manner. Insures the routing of patient information to clinical providers in a timely and accurate manner. Completes filing, coping and faxing duties daily. Authorizes and provides copies of medical records as requested by patients and appropriate entities. Ensures the confidentiality of all records and compliance with HIPPA standards.
- Responsible for procedure/test ordering for the provider; including OR cases scheduling, labs, x-ray, cultures and consulting physicians' office appointments. Interacts with physicians, physician office staff and ancillary departments in a courteous and respectable manner to arrange follow up for patients.
- Accountable for contributing to the sound financial operation of the department through the appropriate use of time, supplies, and billing procedures. Responsible to maintain a safe, clean, well-stocked, and organized unit.
- Demonstrates efficiency and dependability with assigned job responsibilities and cross-trains, as appropriate, to assist other staff members in their job duties. Attends department meetings and other pertinent center wide meeting as required. Participates in the development of annual Department goals and objectives.
- High school diploma or GED
- General filing, billing, and business office organization experience
Preferred Job Requirements
- Previous hospital and/or clinic experience and knowledge of medical terminology
- BLS certification