Pasadena, Texas - StyreneUnited States (US)
INEOS Styrolution America LLC
WE HAVE GREAT CHEMISTRY
We believe diversity is perceiving difference; inclusion is valuing it. Without inclusion, we cannot unlock the value that diversity has to offer. Everyone has a seat at our company table. Our employees bring their unique selves to work daily, have a sense of belonging, and contribute to our core values. We have an inclusive approach, which is open and transparent. We respect and value diversity and believe in equality of opportunity. We do this by valuing and respecting cultural differences and welcomingdiversityof thought and perspectives from all our employees.
The primary role of the Analyzer Technician is to perform preventative maintenance and repair to damaged analyzer, sample systems, and instrumentation equipment. The technician provides technical expertise to assist supervision and operations in the troubleshooting, configuration, and teardown/rebuild of process analyzers. A variety of test and analyzing equipment is utilized to calibrate, evaluate performance, and adjust controls for optimum plant performance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Execute all job activities in a safe and efficient manner, consistent with company safety expectations and a culture of prevention. Complete all work activities in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
Provide technical expertise to assist supervision and operations in the trouble-shooting, configuration, and teardown/rebuilding of process analyzers such as chromatographs, regulatory analyzers monitoring emissions, and apparatus designed to determine chemical or elemental component amounts in a process stream; records data associated with periodic testing.
Execute scheduled work by:
Reviewing assigned job scopes for completeness and understanding
Acquiring all necessary parts, tools, and instructions prior to starting the job to maximize work efficiency
Following all necessary safety procedures and practices to isolate, clear, and work on plant equipment
Ensuring work is completed per company and industry standards
Working with equipment owner to complete task in a safe and timely manner
Updating supervisor on job progress and any problems encountered in completing the defined scope of work Completing all documentation using a computerized maintenance management system.
Respond to tasks as directed by maintenance supervision with the appropriate sense of urgency to minimize impact to process units.
Identify and implement reliability driven improvements. This may include participation in site reliability teams.
Participate on committees dealing with investigations, policy and procedure development, and improving the work place environment.
Engage in frequent developmental dialogue with supervisor and others to continually enhance personal and group performance and development.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- High School graduate or GEDwith minimum 3 years of maintenance experience working with industrial process analyzers in the petrochemical or refining industry required
- Associates degree in an applicable field or Analyzer Certificate preferred
- Ability to diagnose the cause of malfunction or failure of process analyzers and perform the necessary preventive maintenance or corrective maintenance.
- Ability to read P&ID's, Spec sheets and loop sheets
- Working knowledge of equipment such as Siemens Maxum-II GC, Applied Automation GC, Thermox oxygen analyzer, ABB Limas UV NOx analyzer, ABB Magnos Paramagnetic oxygen analyzer, and ABB Uras IR CO analyzer CEMS analyzers; Rosemount Extreme and Horiba CEMS system (among others) is preferred
- Ability to work overtime, including being available for call out on holidays and weekends as is necessary for the continued operations of the plant per the call out list
Additional Skills & Knowledge:
- Working knowledge iof SAP and Microsoft Office preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills required
- Strong troubleshooting skills
The successful candidate must be willing and able to:
- Work with hazardous and/or flammable chemicals (with proper safety precautions, training and equipment)
- Work around and/or manually interact with heavy equipment
- Work outside, year-round under various weather conditions
- Standand walk for extended periods of time
- Work in environments that require frequent bending, reaching, and lifting
- Work in tight or confined spaces and able to work at heights above 25 feet by climbing stairs and vertical ladders
- Lift up to 50 pounds
This opportunity is located in Pasadena, Texas.Pasadena is part of the Houston metropolitan area, about 30 miles from downtown.Please note that relocation assistance isnotavailable for this position.
[Not translated in selected language]
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
No. 1 global leader in styrenics: Styrene Monomer, Polystyrene, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Standard, and Styrenic Specialties
3,600 employees worldwide
20 manufacturing sites in 10 countries
- Customers in 106 countries
- 6 billion EUR in 2021
We are excited to hear from you and share more about our organization.
All the best,
The INEOS Styrolution Talent Team