JOB TITLE: Cook
DIVISION: Food and Beverage
REPORTS TO: Sous Chef / Chef
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/ Part-Time / Seasonal/ Hourly
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to the menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery. The Cook is responsible for preparation, and presentation of the daily menus and assisting servers with restocking and service of selections at stations where lines develop during peak business hours.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 years of kitchen experience is required
- Maintain open, constructive channels of communication with other kitchen personnel
- Demonstrate a good attitude and cooperative nature when dealing with kitchen staff, supervisors, and guests
- Follow directions from your supervisor and ask questions about aspects of assigned duties you may not understand
- When faced with stressful situations with your work, other employees, or guests, retain your composure under pressure
- When complaints or problems are encountered with guests or other employees, bring the circumstances to your supervisor's immediate attention for a swift resolution
- Capable of standing for extended periods of time and lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Willing to work flexible work schedules that may include holidays and weekends
- Ability to obtain and maintain a current, valid state-required licenses and or certifications such as Food Handler's Permit and Sips and Tips
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- FOOD PREPARATION: All dishes must be lively in content and flavor, keeping with Solitude's high standards. Dishes should adhere to production standards and time constraints. Be sure preparations are fully seasoned. Sous Chef or Chef must taste all preparations before they are panned for service.
- FOOD PRESENTATIONS: Service lines are to be kept spotless and pans changed regularly as needed. Food selections should always be well-stocked and appropriately garnished. Make sure all mise-en-place is in sufficient quantities for the day's counts. Attend to details.
- GUEST SERVICE: Must be prompt, friendly, and efficient. Assist servers during busy times to speed guests through lines. Guests should be politely greeted and asked how they may be helped. Use suggestive selling.
- SAFETY, CLEANLINESS OF WORK AND SERVICE AREAS:
- Demonstrate proper operation of equipment, and use of knives and other kitchen tools. Work cooperatively with stewards and ask politely for their assistance when needed and know them by name. Notify Supervisor or any injury requiring medical attention. Work safely to prevent injuries. At the close of service, lines are quickly and thoroughly broken down and cleaned.
- Work and service areas are kept clean and uncluttered, especially walk-in coolers. Proper storage and rotation of food are mandatory to ensure freshness and avoid waste. Leftover products must be labeled and stored in the appropriate area of the cooler or kitchen. Daily inventories are to be completed before the end of each shift.
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
At Solitude Mountain Resort, we offer a variety of employee benefits! First, you are lucky enough to be working in the beautiful, scenic Wasatch Mountains. Enjoy mountain activities before work, after work, on work breaks, and on days off! Activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country, hiking, mountain biking, climbing, and so much more. Work with other mountain enthusiasts. This is an excellent opportunity to socialize, meet great people, and attend employee events around the resort. Some events include unique opportunities like employee ski days, employee yoga, live music events, film festival ski movie features, and many more summer activities- at work! You get to work and play in the same place. Eligibility is dependent on all employee classification of work.
Ski and Ride
- Eligible employees receive a free Solitude season pass for themselves and eligible dependents. This includes unlimited skiing/riding for winter employees with no blackout dates and bike hauls for summer employees
- Free access to select Alterra Mountain Company Destinations throughout North America for you and eligible dependents
- Discounted Solitude lift tickets for your friends & family
- Discounted ski and ride lessons
- Free Nordic ski and snowshoe pass for the Solitude Nordic & Snowshoe Center for winter employees
- Ski and ride perks at other local resorts
- Complimentary UTA Ski Bus pass
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSA, FSA for eligible employees
- Discounts resort-wide for food, rentals, retail, lessons, and more
- Pro deals with hundreds of outdoor brands
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Free counseling service for you and your household members through our Employee Assistance Program