The S&T Manager, Digital & Analytical Solutions will lead a team of direct reports focusing on our Digital initiatives and Analytical competences to support the agile and optimal delivery of S&T enablers, in alignment with the Markets/Business/SBU's needs, consistent with Global, Zone and Market Business Plans and corporate initiatives.
- Overall responsibility for the definition and execution of the Digital and Analytical strategy for NDC Solon, to deliver towards S&T enablers and support Solon R&D.
- Manage personnel resources actively mentoring, coaching and monitoring performance as required. Facilitate the creation of an open and positive work environment.
- Manage resources within the team to provide all support required relevant activities and drive advancement in the field within allocated budget.
- Drive new ideas for operational strategies definition and defining pipeline for newly created Digital and Analytical Solutions team.
- Ensure adequate IP protection strategies
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures, as well as external standards, and regulatory framework.
- Investigate and evaluate new technologies, concepts, processes, products or equipment, and develop applications of findings to new uses for continuous improvement
- Proactively engage, partner and maintain effective communication with R&D functions, Technical Application Groups, factory, marketing, and corporate functions, as well as relevant external partners. In particular, key partnership must be kept with our NPTC Food Digital Lead and Laboratory team lead.
- Maintain/strengthen core analytical and digital competencies to build product and process mastership
- Ensure the technical knowledge transfer to Categories, TAG and Factories to deliver product/process mastership
- Communicate progress, both orally and written, to all levels of Nestle Management.
- Provide input into development of R&D strategy/roadmap short and long term, and define budget planning for necessary development of role and team's deliverables
- Partner with NDC's statistician, Digital Ambassadors, Digital lead and other relevant Digital internal colleagues (such as NR's Data Science team) to enable the advancement of Data Science in NDC Solon. 15. Budget responsibility for the S&T analytical Unit: maintenance, repairs, etc.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams to deliver purpose driven solutions in the Digital and Analytical field to drive S&T enablers effectively
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset to find creative solutions, take responsible risk and accelerate project work
- Ability to solve complex problems through scenario planning in order to identify robust solutions
- Demonstrate courage and ability to take decisions and lead through change
- Current understanding of activity in digital and analytical solutions, across Nestle and outside
- Strong knowledge of ingredient and product design and food manufacturing processes
- Good interpersonal/teamwork skills and a good sense of business/technical interrelationships
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written
- Ability to coach & develop direct reports
- Ability to define and influence the development strategies for relevant area of competence
- Master or PhD degree in in Food Science, Chemistry or similar, required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of Consumer Packaged Goods food technology experience
- Working knowledge of the food industry with a broad understanding across manufacturing & research
- Previous experience working with data science for product design or scientific research is a plus
- Previous experience with analytical methods (developing, running, improving), and leveraging results for product innovation and development is a plus
- Excellent organizational & planning skills
- Proven capability in coaching and developing individuals/teams, or leading a team.
- Ability to manage budget and resources, as well as ensuring compliance of procedures and policies
- Demostrated ability to partner with different external and internal partners to drive advancement in related field