Up to 25%
Weekdays and Saturdays
Employment Type: Full-Time, Hybrid #LI-HYBRID
This Collections Representative position starts at $20.14 per hour with an annual award opportunity based off individual and credit union performance. We also offer the following benefits for all full-time employees: 401k, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Paid Volunteer Hours, and an Advia Sponsored Wellness Program.
What you should know about the role
Responsible for performing a variety of activities regarding delinquent accounts. This position requires knowledge of collections laws and practices and of consumer loan documents. These responsibilities are accomplished by providing outstanding service to both internal and external members as defined by living and demonstrating the core values of the credit union; Act with Integrity, Drive Progress, Build & Strengthen Relationships and Keep People at the Core.
What you should know about Advia
Advia is a fast-growing Credit Union that is positioned in the top 3% of credit unions across the United States. We serve over 198,000 members and with assets near $3 Billion. We offer very similar product and services as the big banks with a focus on saving our members money while providing financial advantages. We are rooted in our communities and believe we have a responsibility to give back outside of our four branch walls through volunteering and charitable donations. The work environment at Advia is fast-paced, performance based and fun infused. We certainly live by the saying "work hard, play hard." As an employee of Advia, you can expect regular and constructive feedback, development opportunities, great benefits, excellent co-workers and engaged managers.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Collections of delinquent consumer loans, credit cards or negative share accounts as assigned, this includes but is not limited to credit disputes, deceased member accounts and specialized administrative support tasks associated with real estate, repossessions and work outs:
- Strategically evaluate accounts and build relationships with members to identify a positive outcome in potentially negative situations.
- Utilize effective human relation skills and forms of persuasion to identify solutions for financial obligations.
- Documents all collection efforts taken, including telephone conversations, alternative financial arrangements and correspondence on computer.
- Review accounts and interview members in an effort to determine reason for delinquency.
- Make arrangements with member to resolve delinquency and continue follow-up contact as needed (could include but not limited to loan modification and workouts)
- Counsel and educate members regarding their financial obligations, advises of possible options, and solicit payments arrangements.
- Direct the posting of payments received to delinquent accounts.
- Process consumer credit counseling requests and maintain monitoring of said accounts to ensure timely payments, including the posting of payments.
- Recommend delinquent accounts for legal action or charge-off.
- Demonstrates judgment and discretion within the framework of all applicable regulations and policies.
- Utilize skip tracing to locate members whose contact information is no longer valid or whomhave been avoiding contact with us.Use knowledge of Collection operations to provide assistance and guidance to internal and branch staff:
- Provide background information to lenders upon request.
- Assist with restrictions and overrides.
- Available to answer member queries regardingdisputes on loans (could include but not limited to liens releases, collateral, liabilityissues)
- Related Duties:
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation on individual member accounts.
- Provide collection assistance to other departments.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Understand and is accountable for executing all job functions in a way that is consistent with all requirements of BSA, OFAC and the USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification Act (CIP). Additionally, all employees must follow policies and procedures to minimize risk by exercising judgment, raising questions to management, and adhering to policy guidelines.
A minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience, including preparatory experience.
A high school degree or equivalent
A significant level of trust, credibility and diplomacy is required. In-depth dialogue, conversations and explanations with customers, direct and indirect reports and outside vendors can be of a sensitive and/or highly confidential nature. Communications may involve motivating, influencing, educating and/or advising others on matters of significance. Typically includes subject matter experts as well as first level to middle managers.
- Professional, well-developed interpersonal skills essential for projecting a positive image as representative of the Credit Union.
- Work requires knowledge and understanding of consumer collections compliance and regulation as it relates to best practices and handling of collection matters on delinquent accounts including, but not limited to the following regulations: Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA).
- Work requires knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Mathematical skills required.
- Understanding of the role and effect of collections in a financial institution.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use effective problem solving to make risk-based decisions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Perform primarily sedentary work with limited physical exertion and occasional lifting of up to 5 lbs. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in emergency situation. Must be able to operate routine office equipment including telephone, copier, facsimile, and calculator. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer, sitting for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. This position requires a majority of the time on the phones speaking with both external and internal members.
Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with minimal noise and appropriate lighting.
Mental and/or Emotional Requirements
Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team. Must be able to read and carry out various written instructions and follow oral instructions. Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations with extreme accuracy. Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public. Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines / requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace. Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities. Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters. Must be able to stay calm when being challenged by customers in a stressful manner.