Job posting has expired
Forklift/Receiving Operator, W&D (2nd shift, 3pm-11:30pm)
United States, New York, Bohemia
|December 08, 2023
As a leader in the science of nutrition, Nestle Health Science believes in empowering healthier lives for patients and consumers through a rich product portfolio featuring top brands such as Garden of Life, Nature's Bounty, Vital Proteins, Nuun, Persona Nutrition, BOOST, Carnation Breakfast Essentials, Peptamen, Compleat Organic Blends, and more, as well as through Aimmune Therapeutics, a biopharmaceutical company developing therapies to prevent, manage and treat food, GI and metabolic-related diseases.
Our team members are challenged to make a genuine impact and play an integral role in driving the business forward. We embrace a dynamic culture that always puts the consumer first, and where ownership, accountability and agility are celebrated at every level. To help our people thrive, we offer expansive career growth potential, the opportunity to work alongside and learn from talented colleagues with diverse backgrounds and skill sets, and a range of best-in-class benefits.
We have more than 11,000 employees around the world, and products available in over 140 countries.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Forklift Operator is responsible for safely operating electric powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift or elevating platform, to push, lift, stack, or move products or materials by performing the following duties. This role is also responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
* Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area.
* Operates power industrial equipment that may require being lifted in the air up to 40 feet.
* Unloads and stacks material by using lifting device.
* Replenishes shelves throughout the facility based on the number on the product, by scanning the tag to determine location.
* Positions and weighs pallets.
* Inventories materials on work floor and stocks the shelves in order to replenish necessary products.
* Loads or unloads materials onto to or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
* Documents information as per SOP.
* Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
* Follows safety rules, SOPs and cGMPs guidelines.
* Willingness/capability to cross train/learn job functions in other departments of the facility.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
* Must be licensed to operate lift equipment (Licensing may be through internal or external training.
* Regularly lifting up to 40 pounds and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 70 pounds with assistance.
* Work environment may be exposed to powders, chemicals and allergens (peanuts, tree nuts, milk, dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, soy, fish and shellfish).
* Or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Prior warehousing experience preferred.
* Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions.
* Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
* Speak effectively with other associates and delivery personnel in English.
* Add, subtract, multiply and divide.
The approximate hourly pay for this position is $17.43-$21.00*. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Final compensation may vary based on factors including but not limited to knowledge, skills and abilities as well as geographic location.
Nestle offers performance-based incentives and acompetitive total rewards package, which includes a401k with Company match, healthcare coverage and a broad range ofother benefits. Incentives and/or benefit packages may varydepending on the position. Learn more at
*This includes a $1.50/hour shift differential
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestle. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestle seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestle home.
The Nestle Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.