The Multi-Level Security (MLS) Capability Lead (Cybersecurity Engineer) will provide management and supervision to the MLS developers from the Office of Naval Research (ONR). Establish relationships and coordinating with stakeholders at ONR, Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), OPNAV N9SP, NAVAIR and their respective contractors. Will provide technical oversight/leadership of the implementation of an MLS capability. Must work seamlessly with the Distributed Operation (DO) lab team to ensure the necessary steps for integration of MLS capability are successful. The MLS Capability Lead will also lead the effort for DO aggregator development and integration into the DO architecture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with other IPT leads, program managers and sponsors.
- Manage and allocate resources, including personnel, equipment and materials, to meet project requirements and ensure on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Ensure compliance with DoD and Navy standards and procedures, including safety, quality and security.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement within the IPT.
- Communicate project status and performance to stakeholders, including customers, program managers and executive leadership.
- Manage customer relationships and provide exceptional customer service throughout the project lifecycle.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or Information Technology from an ABET accredited university and seven (7) years or more previous experience working on systems with Multi-Level Security (MLS) systems or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Must be familiar with modern cybersecurity practices.
- Experience with Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and CDS Overlays.
- Experience with data tagging, labeling, marking standards and encoding specifications.
- Experience with Discretionary Access Control (DAC), Mandatory Access Control (MAC), Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC) enforcement systems.
- Understanding of CDS and Multi-level Security.
- Understanding of CDS Types.
- Familiar with Intelligence Community Directives (ICD) 700 Series.
- Familiarity with Data Format Description Language (DFDL) and Trusted Data Format (TDF).
- Familiarity with Zero-Trust Architecture and DoD CIO Cybersecurity Reference Architecture (CSRA).
- Must have excellent communications and interpersonal skills and should be able to convey technical aspects to personnel who may not be well-versed in those areas.
- Agree to and successfully pass a CI Polygraph Examination.
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) certification
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Experience leading mid-to-large security initiatives and managing small teams.
- Experienced in and have an in-depth knowledge of distributed, mixed-server and thin-client environments composed of SELinux or Trusted Solaris, RHEL, Windows, applications, containers and virtual hosted environments.
- Experience with Cybersecurity RMF for Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication Systems (JWICS) and SIPRNet within a Department of Navy program or project.
- Experience with scripting and coding.
- Experience with RMF for Special Access Programs.
- Experience with XACTA.
- Experience with Confluence.
- Experience with NSA Raise The Bar (RTB).
- Understanding and knowledgeable in the DoD Cybersecurity T&E Guidebook, NCDSMO-R-00011-001_01 and LBSA.
- Understanding of DoDD 5105.86 and 3700.01.
- Familiar with mandatory access control (MAC).
- Exposure to projects using an Agile methodology and DEVSECOPS environment.
Salary range: $160K-$220K
An essential qualification for this position is successfully obtaining a security clearance issued by the Federal Government, which may require successful completion of a background check.
AUSGAR's salary range is dependent upon a variety of factors, which include experience, skills, education, certifications and geographical location. Our salary range includes a base salary and excellent benefits package as part of our total compensation.
AUSGAR Technologies, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to engaging in affirmative action to increase employment opportunities for females, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance in completing the application, you have the right to request reasonable accommodation. Please e-mail us at email@example.com if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.ausgar.com careers page as a result of your disability.