Building Inspector I
| City of Brentwood
United States, California, Brentwood
|February 13, 2024
Building Inspector I
$93,562.80 - $113,726.28 Annually
City of Brentwood, CA
3/11/2024 10:00 AM Pacific
The City of Brentwood Community Development Department is seeking a highly motivated plans, permits or building professional to join our team serving the citizens of Brentwood. This individual will function as part of the development team and provide a wide array of services to our customers. Some of those services include building inspections, plan review and investigations. Applicants should have knowledge of the California Title 24 Building Codes and be able to apply them in a fair and consistent manner. So, if you are self-motivated, enjoy serving the public, and working in a professional, fast-paced, and challenging environment we encourage you to apply.
For more information, please see the Job Description.
What We Offer:
The City of Brentwood provides an engaging, collaborative, and cooperative work environment where you can team up with your peers and with the community to create Brentwood as a premier city. The City is an employer that emphasizes work-life balance, supports employee wellness, and offers a wide range of benefits and retirement alternatives, while also investing in its employees' professional and personal growth. We offer:
• Competitive salary
• Alternative work schedule (AWS) option, requires Director approval
• Telework option (up to 2 days a week), requires Director approval
• 15 paid holidays (13 City observed holidays, 2 floating holidays)
• Generous leave accruals (Vacation – 11 days per year; Sick Leave – 12 days per year)
• Selection of health care plans with City paid contributions; cash-in-lieu offered if waiving coverage
• City-paid dental and vision insurance
• CalPERS pension participation
• City paid contributions to Retiree Health Savings account
• Selection of 457 Deferred Compensation Plans – Voluntary employee contributions only
• Employee Engagement Program (includes recognition for service, safety, peer nominations, and more)
To review more of what the City of Brentwood offers, please check out our Benefits Guide and visit our Human Resources page.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
• Specialized training in building technology, architecture, engineering, or a related field is desirable.
• Two years of experience as a journey level craft worker in the building trades or in reviewing plans and issuing building permits.
• Some experience as a building inspector is desirable.
License or Certificate:
• Possession of an appropriate driver's license.
• Possession of a Building Inspector certificate issued by the International Code Council (ICC).
Applicants must submit the following:
1. City of Brentwood Employment Application
2. Building Inspector certificate issued by the International Code Council (ICC).
Postmarks, faxes and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Your application must be filled out completely online. Resumes must also be submitted but it is not a substitute for a completed application.
The examination process will consist of:
1. Review of applications for minimum qualifications for the position and to ensure all materials have been submitted.
2. Written Exam - Applicants possessing these requirements will be invited to take the written test.
All applicants that pass the examination process will be placed on the eligible list which is good for at least 6 months and may be extended up to an additional 18 months. This eligible list will be used by the City of Brentwood to fill all current and future openings in this classification as long as the list is active.
DISCLAIMER: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute a contract, expressed or implied, and any provisions contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice. Tests may consist of any combination of written, oral or other exercises or assessment procedures that test content. Components may include, but are not necessarily limited to, typing, math, reading, writing and analytical skills; problem solving ability; computer and software proficiency, or any other job-related knowledge, skill, ability or qualification. The City may, without notice, change or eliminate any particular assessment component or combination of components as needs dictate.
All correspondence regarding application status, test and/or interview dates, etc. will be sent by email and will be available on your GovernmentJobs account. Please check your email folders, including your junk/spam folders and accept emails from the domain governmentjobs.com, neogov.com, or brentwoodca.gov. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure a correct email address is provided and that all correspondence is received.
The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/brentwoodca/jobs/4374518/building-inspector-i?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs