Advertising Sales Agents
Responsible for prospecting for and securing ad sales for publications, including magazines, trade journals, and newspapers. Pitches benefits of advertising to client, negotiates prices, and explains client needs to copywriter.
- Sell ads for publications.
- Perform cold calling to get the attention of possible clients.
- Read scripts.
- Visit businesses to inquire about advertising sales.
- Sell ad space or time.
- Present different options to client, including images, designs, and font sizes.
- Build relationships with clients.
- Understand the needs of each client.
- Know all advertising options.
- Keep abreast of changes within the publication's demographics.
- Use statistics in sales pitch.
- Perform extensive research on clients and competitors.
- Convey ad changes and discrepancies to copywriter.
- Perform research on trend analysis.
- Generate revenue for print products to include run-of-book print ads and print advertising inserts.
- Focus on growing existing accounts and acquiring new clients.
- Conduct meetings.
- Make sales presentations.
- Sell general or direct response print ads to a weekly or monthly publication.
- Generate and describe creative, results-focused marketing concepts to a diverse client base.
- Sell air time on television and radio programs.
- Handle incoming inquiries to buy ad space.
- Book sales appointments.
- Walk door-to-door and solicit business.
- Present sample ads to the client.