Aircraft Rigging Assembler
Responsible for assembling, fitting, and installing airplane or missile parts, including landing gear and parts found in heating or ventilation.
- Install and fit parts for aerial vehicles.
- Assemble, fit, fasten, and install parts of airplanes, space vehicles, or missiles, including tails and wings, landing gear, and heating and ventilation systems.
- Consult with manufacturers and designers.
- Perform precision assembling.
- Adjust timing devices.
- Build prototypes.
- Test products and parts.
- Read and interpret engineering specifications from text and drawings.
- Utilize computer-aided drafting systems.
- Redesign parts for easier install.
- Use precision-measuring instruments.
- Attach brackets, hinges, or clips to secure parts.
- Cut, trim, and smooth parts.
- Verify sizes and adjust if necessary.
- Repair parts.
- Test for malfunctions.
- Position and align subassemblies in jigs.
- Fit and fasten sheet metal coverings to surface areas.
- Cut and fit cables and tubing.
- Set, align, adjust, or synchronize aircraft armament.
- Operate machines to crimp, saw, flare, or straighten tubing.
- Form loops or splice cables using clamps.