Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a bar. Supervise a large staff that frequently includes bartenders, barbacks, wait/kitchen staff, and bouncers, interact with patrons, and build strong vendor relationships.
- Hire and train staff; identify qualified candidates, conduct interviews, and onboard new hires.
- Ensure employees are properly trained in food safety, customer service, and handling alcohol.
- Create staff schedules that guarantee proper coverage while honoring time off requests.
- Discipline and fire staffers when warranted, book bands, and utilize POS platforms.
- Order necessary supplies, including liquor, glassware, mixers, and garnishes.
- Negotiate the best product prices and ensure inventory levels always meet customer demand.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bar; wipe down surfaces, sweep floors, and empty the trash.
- Stock shelves and coolers with drinks and confirm glasses are clean and unbroken.
- Listen to customer complaints, investigate issues, and take prompt action to resolve them.
- Record all complaints in case there is a pattern of problems that need to be addressed.
- Create food and drink menus, document drink recipes, and oversee special event planning.
- Monitor sales; track which products are selling well and which need to be ordered more often.