Examines and cleans patients’ teeth and provides helpful information to them regarding good oral hygiene.
- Examines and cleans patients’ teeth, including removing stains and plaque buildup
- Takes patient X-rays
- Reports patient’s oral hygiene status to the dentist
- Documents and keeps a record of patient’s treatment plans
- Applies fluoride and sealants to protect a patient’s teeth
- Provides oral education and relays best hygiene practices to patients
- Works under the direct supervision of the dentist on duty