Responsible for drafting wiring diagrams, circuit board assembly diagrams, schematics, and layout drawings used in the manufacture, installation, and repair of electronic devices and components.
- Create diagrams and drawings for various electronic components and devices.
- Create visual guidelines for construction purposes.
- Examine electronic schematics and supporting documents to develop specifications.
- Prepare schematic diagrams, block diagrams, control drawings, logic diagrams, integrated circuit drawings, and interconnection diagrams.
- Draft technical details.
- Plot electrical test points.
- Key specified commands.
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Draw in minute details of structures.
- Copy drawings of printed circuit board fabrication
- Consult technical handbooks and tables while in drafting phase.
- Use Computer Aided Design and Drafting systems to prepare drawings.
- Create and store drawings electronically.
- Program drawings into automated manufacturing systems.
- Prepare variations of design.
- Explain concepts to construction workers.
- Prepare engineering drawings that detail plans and specifications.
- Determine all design elements.
- Provide other visual guidelines as needed.