Responsible for overseeing an organization’s entire inventory. Maintain accurate records of the goods and materials in stock, promptly resolve any inventory issues, and ensure that orders are delivered.
- Track the movement of items into and out of storage and update records accordingly.
- Count the items in stock and order new supplies of goods and materials when necessary.
- Keep tabs on all incoming and outgoing shipments and manage all stock rotation procedures.
- Advise managers of recommended process improvements and report to upper management.
- Maintain the inventory storage space in the company’s warehouse or establishment.
- Manage teams and train staffers on various product dating methods and stocking procedures.
- Communicate with managers about inventory issues and to replace damaged or missing items.