Responsible for providing technical support to an organization. Troubleshoot computer problems, install computer hardware and peripherals, and support IT departments.
- Install, configure, and maintain computer hardware and software systems.
- Provide technical support to users by troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
- Manage networks and implement security measures like firewalls and antivirus software.
- Train users on how to use new computer systems and software applications.
- Plan and implement new computer systems and network upgrades.
- Give recommendations on the purchasing of hardware, software, and peripheral components.
- Estimate costs for upper management and set up cost monitoring systems and reporting.