Responsible for helping owners lease their properties to prospective tenants. Show real estate properties, screen interested tenants, and oversee the signing of the lease.
- Conduct property tours, answer questions, and try to persuade tenants to lease properties.
- Negotiate leases; determine their length, the rent amount, and any special conditions.
- Collect rent from tenants by sending monthly invoices and following up with late payors.
- Maintain a good relationship with tenants while also ensuring they pay their rent on time.
- Handle any maintenance issues that arise during a tenancy in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the maintenance staff to promptly resolve problems and inform tenants.
- Inspect properties regularly to confirm they are being properly maintained by tenants.
- Walk through properties and take note of any damage or areas that need cleaning or repair.
- Create and distribute marketing materials like flyers and website listings to advertise properties.