Licensed Practical Nurse
Responsible for performing basic medical tasks like checking vital signs. Change bandages, dress wounds, and maintain medical records.
- Provide direct patient care, including bathing, dressing, and feeding patients.
- Perform basic diagnostic tests and administer medications and injections.
- Collaborate with other members of the healthcare team, such as doctors and registered nurses.
- Communicate information about a patient’s condition to other members of the team.
- Carry out treatment plans that have been developed by doctors or nurses.
- Educate patients and their families about their health conditions.
- Inform patients about treatments, medications, and lifestyle changes to improve their health.
- Teach patients and their families how to care for wounds and manage chronic health conditions.
- Keep track of a patient’s medical history and document the care they received.