Responsible for processing patient information like medical records and insurance. Code patient diagnoses, request payments, and liaise between healthcare offices and insurance companies.
- Prepare and submit patient billing information to insurance companies.
- Generate revenue by ensuring that all patient medical bills are paid in full and on time.
- Keep accurate records of all payments and any outstanding balances.
- Contact patients who have outstanding balances to arrange payment plans.
- Create invoices based on medical filing codes and document the amounts.
- Submit insurance claims on behalf of patients and investigate denied claims.
- Communicate with insurance representatives to clarify patient coverage information.
- Use small claims court and collection agencies to collect delinquent payments.