Responsible for taking detailed notes during clinician and patient interactions. Record notes on the patient’s electronic file, support the physician, and perform other clerical duties.
- Maximize the physician’s efficiency by documenting patient encounters in real time.
- Capture the details of the encounter accurately and completely by typing quickly.
- Record the patient’s health history, family health history, medications, and allergies.
- Make chart rounds with the physician to review each patient’s status and care-related issues.
- Communicate in a respectful manner with doctors, patients, family members, peers, and others.
- Understand the team approach to patient care and synthesize complex medical information.
- Monitor incoming tests and inform the clinician when the results come in.