Motor Vehicle Operator
Responsible for operating vehicles such as trucks, buses, ambulances, tractors, and wreckers. Delivers and transports supplies, records, and materials.
- Operate motor vehicles to deliver or transport supplies, records, materials, mail, monetary deposits or people.
- Perform grounds maintenance and manual labor.
- Operate a car or van to transport residents to appointments such as medical appointments, court appointments.
- Drive a school bus to transport students or residents.
- Tow disabled vehicles.
- Load and unload goods.
- Conduct routine maintenance on vehicles and records mileage, gas and oil usage.
- Maintain logs of vehicle use, purchases, and deliveries.
- Sort mail and operate mail handling equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Operate all wheel vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadways for support of combat operations.
- Oversee proper loading and unloading of cargo on vehicles and trailers.
- Operate radios and weapons if mounted on cars.
- Operate water/fuel tank trucks, semi-tractor trailers, troop transports, heavy equipment transports, and passenger buses.
- Manage entrucking and detrucking of personnel being transported.
- Protect cargo from inclement weather, pilferage, and damage.