Responsible for Developing, coordinate, and supervise music programs and organizations such as orchestras, bands, choirs, or symphonies. Recruits, trains, and rehearses members of the musical group and oversees productions.
- Preside as main director over musical programs and oversee production.
- Plan and produce special musical concerts and/or workshops.
- Coordinate fundraising efforts.
- Devise budgets and plan communications.
- Interpret the work of composers for productions.
- Transcribe musical compositions.
- Select music for church services.
- Audition and cast performers in ensembles.
- Direct band members at rehearsals.
- Arrange the score and transport the fits.
- Direct the recording of performances for later review or distribution.
- Help soloists rehearse.
- Plan and schedule rehearsals.
- Arrange for the delivery and setup of interments.
- Study and interpret scores.
- Coordinate and organize tours.
- Promote tours and help sell tickets.
- Supervise maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment.
- Expand and enhance the breadth and depth of the choir’s range of music.