Painter, Paperhanger, or Plasterer Helper
Responsible for assisting painters and plasterers on the job site, including cleaning job site and procuring materials.
- Apply paint to surfaces including canvas, walls, floors, doors, and cabinets.
- Mix, match, and apply paint, varnish, shellac, enamel, and other finishes.
- Scrape, sandpaper, prime, or seal surfaces prior to painting.
- Clean walls to ensure proper adherence.
- Cover surfaces with cloth or plastic to ensure protection.
- Calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs.
- Fill cracks, holes, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other fillers, using caulking guns or putty knives.
- Mix plaster and deliver to plasterers.
- Assist painters and paperhangers with various duties.
- Use sanding and buffing tools to smooth surfaces.
- Clean up work areas before and after jobs.
- Apply protective coverings on furniture
- Pour chemicals into stripping tanks.
- Remove articles, furniture, and paint from stripping tanks.
- Hand over tools as needed to painters and plasterers.
- Erect scaffolding.