Practice Support Manager
Responsible for developing, designing, and implementing technology systems and services that affect legal services for clients. Creates sustainable service model to enhance client services. Promotes use of litigation support systems.
- Design and implement technology systems and services in a legal practice.
- Implement best practices related to case management, practice technology, document management, and matter workflow.
- Advice case teams on internal and external systems.
- Answer phone calls and respond to emails.
- Research legal technology.
- Supervise document clerks.
- Assist attorneys with litigation, technology support, software products, and court hardware needs.
- Train attorneys and paralegals on litigation software.
- Develop computer-based case management plans and strategies.
- Convert case documents to electronic media.
- Coordinate technology for court reporters.
- Prepare notebook computers for case-related use, load case databases, related image files, and transcripts as necessary.
- Coordinate with Director of Technology regarding litigation software requirements and training needs.
- Assist in the selection of litigation technology vendors.
- Provide training on e-discovery.
- Confer with courts to determine technology compliance.
- Upgrade software as needed.