Quality Control Inspector
Responsible for assessing the quality of incoming and outgoing products for a company. Run quality tests, identify product defects, and analyze measurements.
- Test and inspect products to ensure they meet quality standards and reject those that fail.
- Check products for defects and that they meet the specifications set by the company.
- Use various tools to inspect products, such as calipers, micrometers, and optical comparators.
- Test products for strength, durability, functionality, and other characteristics.
- Maintain records and report the results of inspections and tests to superiors.
- Read plans, blueprints, and specifications to comprehend product and service requirements.
- Determine whether a product meets quality standards or needs to be corrected or improved.
- Track the quality of products over time and identify trends in quality issues.
- Make recommendations to improve the production process to ensure ongoing quality.