Responsible for overseeing an organization’s accounting department. Keep track of the company’s costs, margins, productivity, and expenditures, prepare financial statements, and perform account reconciliations.
- Create and monitor budgets, generate revenue projections, and forecast expenditures.
- Maintain and reconcile general ledger accounts and the company’s balance sheet.
- Ensure the company's accounting records and financial statements are accurate and timely.
- Analyze financial transactions and prepare tax returns, annual audits, and reports.
- Provide advice and guidance on financial matters to other members of the organization.
- Support junior accountants and perform other accounting duties as needed.