Responsible for taking orders and delivering food to diners. Provide exceptional customer service by answering questions and making menu recommendations.
- Take orders by recording what the customer wants and passing the information to the cooks.
- Deliver the correct food and drinks to the customer’s table and refill drinks.
- Process customer payments, issue change, and handle customer complaints and concerns.
- Answer customer questions about the menu, wine list, or special dietary needs.
- Use knowledge about food and drink offerings to provide helpful information to guests.
- Set up the dining area by arranging furniture and putting out place settings and utensils.
- Clear plates and glasses from tables, wipe down surfaces, and sweep or mop the floor.