Shuttle Car Operator
Responsible for operating diesel or electric-powered shuttle cars in underground mines. Transports materials from working face to mine cars or conveyors.
- Transport materials to mine cars.
- Control conveyors to distribute loads as loading progresses.
- Fuel, repair, and service equipment.
- Replace parts as needed.
- Drive loaded shuttle cars to ramps.
- Operate controls to discharge loads into mine cars or onto conveyors.
- Use pinchers to move mine cars into position.
- Load and unload mine cars.
- Stop cars by switching and applying brakes.
- Ride cars down slopes.
- Hook cars to cables.
- Control cable drum brakes.
- Ease cars down inclines.
- Open bottom doors of cars and dump contents.
- Move stakes, place blocks, and position anchors.
- Ensure material is loaded to specifications.
- Close bottom doors of cars after unloading.
- Observe hand signals when operating machines.