Social Science Teacher
Responsible for instructing students on the emergence of global and American ideals and cultural heritage. Helps students understand and exercise his rights, privileges, and responsibilities as a citizen.
- Instruct students about global and national social issues.
- Help students understand the geographical, historical, cultural, and political factors that influence the development of world regions.
- Lecture on the operation of political and economic systems.
- Teaches courses in social studies, history, geography, American government, political science, or humanities to secondary pupils, utilizing core curriculum and other appropriate learning activities approved by the Board of Education.
- Create instructional resources for use in the classroom.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further research.
- Create projects designed to enhance lectures.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Create lesson plans.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Develop professional relationships with other agencies and programs.
- Utilize public library resources.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare and distribute required reports.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.