Responsible for designing and developing software that meets the needs of users. Test, maintain, and deploy computer programs, analyze user requirements and requests, and write code.
- Collaborate with other developers to create programs that meet the needs of clients.
- Test software to ensure it is free of errors and provide technical support to users as needed.
- Update existing software by adding new features/functionality and improving its performance.
- Teach users how to use software via training materials or one-on-one instruction.
- Provide customer support to users who are having difficulty using the software.
- Research new technologies and decide how they can be used to improve existing software.