Responsible for supervising cooks and running the daily operations of a restaurant kitchen. Act as the second-in-command to the head chef, direct food preparation, and help design menus.
- Take charge of a kitchen in a calm and efficient manner and work well under pressure.
- Ensure that all food is prepared to the highest standards and served promptly and correctly.
- Liaise with the front-of-house staff to provide a positive dining experience for customers.
- Collaborate with the head chef and make suggestions to improve the kitchen performance.
- Assist with supply and inventory management and maintain, replace, and fix kitchen equipment.
- Train new hires, oversee staff scheduling, and enforce compliance with food safety standards.