Responsible for assisting surgeons and nurses during surgery. Prepare operating rooms and patients for surgery, pass surgical instruments to the operating team, and sterilize surgical equipment.
- Work alongside surgeons, nurses, and other medical staff during surgical procedures.
- Ensure the operating room is clean and sterile and that all necessary equipment is available.
- Transport patients to the operating room and position them on the operating table.
- Sterilize, count, and organize instruments and hand them and other supplies to the surgeon.
- Operate surgical equipment like robots and lasers while keeping everything in the area sterile.
- Dispose of items like gauze and needles at the completion of operating procedures.
- Count all the surgical tools at the end of the surgery to make sure none were left in the patient.
- Help move patients to the recovery room and potentially suture and apply dressings to incisions.