Responsible for sourcing, recruiting, and screening applicants for a variety of technical positions, including software engineers, system administrators, computer programmers, and database administrators.
- Source, interview, and select applicants for technical positions.
- Meet with hiring managers to determine job duties.
- Write job descriptions.
- Match applicants to job openings.
- Source for future job openings.
- List job postings on job boards, social media, corporate career web sites, and other possible channels.
- View applications.
- Call applicants and perform phone screens.
- Have applicants come in for formal interviews.
- Instruct applicants on the nature of the job and whom they will be speaking with during the interview.
- Arrange for travel and lodging.
- Facilitate meeting between hiring manager and applicant.
- Interview applicants.
- Hand out and grade assessments.
- Participate in final selection of applicant.
- Create portfolio of possible candidates for hiring manager.
- Check references.
- Perform background checks on applicants and identify potential red flags.
- Initiate drug tests and interpret results.
- Inform candidate of company's decision.
- Compose offer letters and negotiate salary and benefits.
- Inform applicants not chosen of company's decision.
- Keep track of all applications file away important notations such as gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Talk with civic, social, and other groups to provide information concerning job possibilities.
- Travel to colleges to recruit students.
- Forecast budgets for recruiting expenses.
- Participate in implementing new recruiting technology, such as applicant tracking systems and screening tools.