Lead Utilities & Offsites Engineer
United States, Illinois, Des Plaines
|June 24, 2022|
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future. That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars. Working at Honeywell isn't just about developing cool things. That's why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is a leading international licensor of processing technology and supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents, equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that transformed our industry. For more information visit www.uop.com.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Purpose of the job
The global Utilities & Offsites (U & O) Engineering Specialist will support the development, innovation, commercialization, and project execution for all U & O activities in UOP Engineering. This role will continue to develop and improve design practices, tools, and infrastructure for U & O in support of all technologies to ensure UOP's offerings are competitively positioned in the marketplace. The global U & O Specialist role will serve as the SME for UOP Engineering globally, Client Senior Management, and Industry. This role will be expected to make substantial contributions to meet Engineering's U & O projects requirements, support Engineering Agreements with utilities and emissions guarantees, and support sales and business teams in competitive growth opportunities. The U & O Specialist will also play a critical role in developing the technical bench strength across the U & O skill area to ensure that there is sufficient global experience to meet the expected project load. The U & O Specialist will be responsible for leading a Community of Practice for staffing critical Engineering assignments, knowledge sharing, maintaining infrastructure and ensuring work processes are performed consistently as one global team.
o Cooling Water
o Fuel: Natural Gas & Fuel Gas
o Nitrogen / Inerts
o Power Generation
o Steam Generation
o Boiler Feedwater, Demineralized Water and Condensate
o Waste Water
o Flare Systems
* Hot Oil units
* CO2 Equivalent Emissions
* Senior level Engineering position setting U & O global policy
* Lead UOP global U&O technical team
* Lead Community of Practice for global growth and consistency
* Ensure timely and quality U&O related deliverables for basic engineering package
* Provide input into UOP sales proposals for overall UOP Plant or project utility guarantee
* Provide guidance and information to client senior management.
* Provides guidance and information to less experienced engineers
* Play a leadership role in skill area resolution
* Drive maintenance, development, and improvement of key infrastructure and tools
* Plan, organize, and communicate project technical needs to leadership
* Support new business initiatives to drive U & O process improvements and new offerings
* Lead Training Classes
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
* Minimum of 7+ years experience in process design engineering
* 2+ Years experience working process simulation experience using Unisim, Aspen, or similar process simulation software
* 2+ years experience developing Utility Flow Diagrams (UFDs), Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs) and Process and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs)
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, support tool infrastructure and development.
* Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, develop, and mentor others.
* Ability to analyze and solve complex and challenging problems.
* Self-driven and always looking to improve on the current best practices for our technology offerings.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Strong internal and external customer facing skills.
* Relevant experience using Process Simulation Software such as Unisim, Aspen, etc.
* Relevant experience leading a skill area.
* 8+ years of experience in the Utilities and Offsites skill area.
Chem Eng Des Plaines
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.